Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflection, Anticipation, Dreams - Saying Goodbuy to 2009 & Hello to 2010

It's been another wonderful holiday season, full of celebrations, wonderful food and family. I feel so blessed to be able to be here and be able to take part in another season. New Year's Eve really holds a special place in my heart ~ almost akin to birthdays now. I find myself reflecting on the past year and not taking it for granted that I was able to participate.

When you or a loved one is faced with a life threatening illness, the little things take on a new meaning. For me, traditions have really come to the forefront of my holiday celebrations. My love of antique and vintage items play a big part in celebrating traditions that have been passed down. My Christmas tree is full of antique and vintage decorations from my family as well as those that I have 'rescued' and given a new home. It really is a sentimental journey when we decorate the tree. Preserving past traditions, creating new memories for my children and passing down new traditions. Thus the beginnings of reflection.

Reflecting on this past year, I continue to view myself as a work in progress. I may regret things that have happened, but I would never opt to change my history as believe that all events, good or bad, create a persons footprint.

I anticipate 2010 and what I will bring to it. Anticipation is one of the best zones to be in. I often find that I enjoy the anticipating more than the actual event, therefor I choose to celebrate it.

Whilst anticipating, dreams are founded. My biggest wish for 2010 is to revel in my dreams and follow them. Creativity has found its way out of my soul and has opened up a certain level of freedom for me.

May all of you take the time to slow down to Reflect, Anticipate & Dream.

Farewell to 2009 and looking forward to 2010.

1 comment:

  1. I just came over from Vmteam and I'm glad you're here too! I feel bad that I don't have time to "sit" a bit and visit after what I just read, but I'll be back. hhmmm--that's a rather ironic comment to your post huh?!

    ReplyDelete