Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Glimpse into My Journey

I decided to redirect my walk this morning to the Richard & Annette Bloch Cancer Survivors Plaza at the edge of Reid Park in Tucson, Arizona. Something was telling me to go there, as I'd never physically gone there before. I've driven by more times than I can remember and glanced over at the plaza and the gorgeous statues always feeling a sense of calm.

This morning, I took the time to read the messages on the 22 inspiration pedestals and was amazed at the inspiration that they invoked in me. I am a three year breast cancer survivor, looking forward to participating in my third Komen race this coming Sunday.

The message that touched me the most was, "Make up your mind that when your cancer is gone, you are through with your cancer". Amen. Cancer will always be a part of me, but I don't need to be a part of cancer. I'm finding that although my life after cancer journey is constantly evolving, I also need some back to basics tweaking every now and then. That was what this message did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment